We started in June 1945 as part of an initiative to encourage youngsters back into Scouts after World War II.
In July 1946, the Group was registered with the Cubs. The Beaver colony started more recently in October 1991.
When the Group first started, we were known as the 61st South West Herts; the Group became Watford Central in 1972 and we changed our name to our current designation ‘Watford South’ in 2004.
Aside from the traditional activities, we also had a drum and bugle band which attended many parades and appeared in the local gang show at the Watford Palace theatre; the band started in 1950 and ended in 1977.